Kayaking at Red Mountain Resort
Q and A with John Ibach, Director of Outdoor Recreation
Kayaking is a great choice for a warm summer afternoon. You will combine an upper body workout with astonishing scenery on one of our local lakes.
- Will I get my clothing wet? Yes, you will sit on top of the kayak so will most likely get wet.
- What should I wear? In May it is generally warm enough to wear shorts. Wear shoes that you don't mind getting wet; sturdy sandals are a good choice. Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen are a must.
- Will the kayak tip over? In the hottest part of the summer our guests will intentionally roll off the kayaks to swim. Sitting on top of the kayak makes it easy to remount in the water.
- Are there any rapids? No, we only offer flat water kayaking.
- Can I take my camera? Will it get wet? Your camera and gear will get wet unless you have a good waterproof bag.
- How deep is the water? We kayak on local lakes and the water is deep. Utah law requires everyone wear a life jacket and we supply good ones. We also supply gloves to protect hands while paddling.
- Do I need experience? No, this adventure is designed for beginners. However, if you have experience, it still provides a good workout in a beautiful setting.
Have more questions? We want to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.