Award-Winning Wellness Team Offers Tips to Ease Vacation Travel, While Resort Unveils Relaxation Package This Spring
ST. GEORGE, UTAH, February 15, 2010 — While a weekend away may seem like the perfect opportunity to de-stress, often the "getting away" factor only adds more stress. Stuffy airplanes, long lines, lost luggage and jet lag can leave one's body and mind tense and fatigued. The award-winning wellness team at Red Mountain Resort & Spa offers travelers easy-tofollow tips to help alleviate travel stressors, even before takeoff. Beginning March 1, Red Mountain is also enticing travelers with a Stress-Free Spring package designed to enhance and sustain relaxation through a series of spa treatments and nutritional and wellness exercises.
Red Mountain spa and wellness director, Myrna Beardshear and nutritionist, Dr. Reema Sayegh cite sleeping difficulties, lack of focus, digestive problems, nasal congestion and headaches as the most common ailments associated with travel. To help combat these symptoms, they recommend:
- Avoiding alcohol, caffeine and sugary drinks while in-flight and opting for water instead; walking whenever possible and exercising one's feet and ankles when seated, as it will aid in circulation and reduce swollen ankles
- The use of aromatherapy before, during and after travel to help one's body adjust, such as adding a few drops of vetivert and chamomile essential oils to a bath (for sleep), soaking a washcloth in cold water and sprinkling a few drops of lavender essential oil and placing it on one's forehead while in-flight (for headaches) or sprinkling a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a tissue and inhaling gently (for nasal congestion)
- A shower or bath with essential oils of rosemary for a quick pick-me-up
- Ginger lozenges and ginger ale diluted with water to help cure an upset stomach
"With shrinking vacation days and mounting pressures at airports, it's no surprise that most travelers require a day or two to finally relax, leaving little time to actually enjoy their time off," said Beardshear. "Our travel tips, coupled with Red Mountain's unique programs and spa treatments help guests arrive on vacation mode and stay that way. It's also our goal to arm guests with life-long tools to help reduce everyday stress, long after they've left."
Available beginning March 1 through May, Red Mountain is inviting guests to unwind and recharge with its Stress-Free Spring package. The four-day / three-night package starts at $249 per person, per night and includes a complimentary 50-minute massage or facial to help guests relax upon arrival, as well as:
- Deluxe Accommodations
- Daily Guided Morning Hikes
- Three Delicious & Nutritious Meals Daily
- Unlimited Fitness Classes
- Healthy Life Classes & Events at the Wellness Center
- Personal Discovery Activities
- Eat Well, Feel Well Cooking Demonstrations
- Complimentary In-Room High-Speed Internet
- Use of Resort Amenities including Indoor and Seasonal Outdoor Pools, Bicycles, Walking Trails, Strength & Cardio Studios
Dr. Sayegh adds that an aromatherapy treatment such as a massage can help alleviate problems associated with travel. A pressure point massage works over the autonomic nervous system and helps to regulate body systems.
Red Mountain Resort & Spa, surrounded by the beauty of Utah’s red cliffs and canyons, is the ideal destination to ease stress. To book this package or any one of the resort's award-winning wellness and relaxation programs, guests can visit www.RedMountainSpa.com.
Red Mountain Resort & Spa, nestled in the high desert red rock bluffs of Southwestern Utah and a picturesque two-hour drive from Las Vegas, is an extraordinary fitness and wellness destination. It features rejuvenating spa treatments, the most extensive hiking program in the Southwest and innovative programs for mind and body. Highlights include the Sagestone Spa & Salon offering more than 50 treatments and services, many including indigenous ingredients. Specializing in outdoor adventure fitness programs for all levels, Red Mountain Resort & Spa has been named one of the top spas by Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor’s, Allure Magazine, and Forbes.com; and one of the Top Detox Spas by USA Today. Red Mountain is located at 1275 E. Red Mountain Circle, St George, Utah 84738. For reservations call 435.673.4905, toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit RedMountainSpa.com.
Red Mountain Resort