~Resort encourages men to vacation in red rock country~
St. George, UTAH, March 11, 2011– At Red Mountain Resort, it's no longer just about the ladies. This year, the resort is making an effort to expand its clientele and offer men the chance to enjoy a one-of-a-kind "mancation." With the growing trend of all-male vacations or guys’ weekends, Red Mountain sets out to prove that girls don’t have all the fun, and provides the ideal getaway for men to adventure, relax and indulge.
"It's important for men to let loose with the guys and take a break from the daily stresses life presents," says General Manager Tracey Welsh, "Red Mountain acknowledges the value of male-vacationing as a time to build camaraderie, deepen friendships, and learn a greater sense of self."
Red Mountain Resort features a myriad of adventure and personal discovery activities men can take advantage of, including biking, hiking, and rock climbing to name a few. Guys can ride across Southwest Utah's rugged terrain with biking trips that range from both scenic and peaceful to hardcore and extreme. They'll also develop teamwork skills and strengthen their trust in one another when rappelling through narrow canyons and climbing on some of the best stone the west has to offer. Additional sample activities include:
- Adventure Mountain biking($149 per person):
Guys can hit the trail as Zion Rock & Mountain Guides lead the way on this incredible adventure. Regarded as a favorite among biking enthusiasts, the Bear Claw Poppy Trail complex, an off-road, single-track mountain biking area, offers a mix of both technical and aerobic challenges men can enjoy.
- Canyoneering ($239 per person):
Combining the acts of hiking, climbing, and rappelling, canyoneering makes for an extreme and unique adventure. Guys will experience the ultimate rush while rappelling through narrow canyons on the uplift of the Colorado Plateau.
- Kayaking ($119 per person):
Men can take in the breathtaking views of southwest Utah while getting a great upper body workout paddling through the local lakes.
- Red Mountain Rope to Rope Hike ($49 per person/ per hour):
This 8-hour custom adventure is not for the faint of heart and is perfect for guys wanting to take their workout to the next level. Sections of the hike require the use of ropes to maneuver around sandstone rims and to descend into crevices and ridges. While both challenging and strenuous, this hike is also full of spectacular views.
When booked between March 1 and May 31, 2011, male guests will experience some of the best the resort has to offer. The resort's Red Mountain Challenge Retreat is a rewarding 5-day/4-night stay that starts at $280 per person and includes:
- Choice of a 50-minute massage or facial
- Choice of a kayaking or rock climbing adventure
- Daily Guided Morning Hikes
- Three Delicious and Nutritious Meals Daily
- Personal Discovery Activities
- Unlimited Fitness Classes
- Eat Well, Feel Well Cooking Demonstrations
- Use of Resort Amenities including Indoor and Seasonal Outdoor Pools, Bicycles, Walking Trails, Strength and Cardio Studios
Red Mountain offers the best of cutting edge technology and treatments designed specifically for men. Popular gentlemen's treatments at the resort's Sagestone Spa & Salon include:
- Mountain Man Anti-Age Performance ($110): Men will leave this 50-minute soothing facial with increased circulation and vitality. The treatment includes application of Vital Leg, a mint and eucalyptus gel used to leave a cool and soothing finish on legs.
- Pure Performance ($110): This deep clarifying and purifying gentleman's 50-minute facial is designed to address impurities and imbalances in the skin, revealing a freshly toned and energized appearance.
- Tune-up Hydrating Performance ($110): Specifically designed to meet the needs of a man's skin, this ultra-hydrating facial uses desert plants in a soothing, mineral seaweed mask and leaves the skin feeling smooth and invigorated.
Red Mountain Resort & Spa, nestled in the high desert red rock bluffs of Southwestern Utah and a picturesque two-hour drive from Las Vegas, is an extraordinary fitness and wellness destination. It features rejuvenating spa treatments, the most extensive hiking program in the Southwest and innovative programs for mind and body. Highlights include the Sagestone Spa & Salon offering more than 50 treatments and services, many including indigenous ingredients. Specializing in outdoor adventure fitness programs for all levels, Red Mountain Resort & Spa has been named one of the top spas by Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor's, Allure Magazine, and Forbes.com; and one of the Top Detox Spas by USA Today. Red Mountain is located at 1275 E. Red Mountain Circle, St George, Utah 84738. For reservations call 435.673.4905, toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit RedMountainSpa.com.
Red Mountain Resort