~ Active Destination Offers the Ideal Post-Thanksgiving Respite ~
St. George, UTAH, November 14, 2011 – After tons of turkey, mounds of mashed potatoes, and extra slices of pumpkin pie, it’s no wonder so many feel physically and emotionally mired after Thanksgiving. This year, Utah’s premier active retreat, Red Mountain Resort, encourages guests to break from tradition and spend time amidst the red rock cliffs and peaceful surroundings working to rejuvenate their minds, bodies, and spirit.
Feast on Wholesome Dishes
Guests don’t have to miss out on savory, fulfilling meals, or even skimp on dessert at Red Mountain Resort. With delicious options such as Beef Sirloin, Scallops and Orecchiette Pasta, Prickly Pear BBQ Pork Loin, and Carrot-Peanut Butter-Banana Dark Chocolate Cup, guests can feast on healthy dishes this season without feeling weighed down.
Hike off the Pumpkin Pie
Overlooking Southwest Utah’s stunning red rock cliffs and canyons, Red Mountain Resort is a hiker’s paradise. With trails just outside the door offering some of the most abundant and spectacular hiking on the continent, there’s no excuse not to walk off those extra helpings! Popular options include:
• Chakras, Goal, and Gratitude Journal Hike (4 hours, $79 per person) – This enjoyable hike is ideal for participants hoping to boost their creativity and imagination. Guests join leader Dave Dwulit on a journaling hike through nearby Snow Canyon State Park.
• Tuachan Saddle Hike (4 hours, $79 per person) – Just steps from the resort, this exhilarating five-mile hike leads participants through Snow Canyon State Park. As they hike along the rugged terrain and take in the dramatic views of red rock country, Pecan Pie is sure to be the last thing on the mind.
Give Thanks to your Mind and Body
There are so many things to be thankful for, and many often don’t spend enough time giving gratitude to their mind and bodies. Red Mountain urges guests to treat their mind and bodies with the following unique offerings:
• Tea Leaf Reading (25 minutes, $65) - In this private 25-minute session, participants learn the basics of tasseography, also known as tea leaf reading, and receive their own personal reading.
• Reiki (50 minutes, $115; 80 minutes, $165) - This powerful therapy involves the transfer of energy from practitioner to recipient, improving the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Working wonders on the mind and spirit, Reiki participants will leave each session feeling refreshed and relaxed.
A Spa with all the Trimmings
Most would argue that a post-Thanksgiving retreat would not be complete without a spa treatment, and at Red Mountain there’s no exception. The resort’s Sagestone Spa & Salon offers world-class treatments including:
• Bamboo Gentle Skin Smoothing Scrub (50 minutes, $120) - Guests with sensitive skin will love this rich and creamy scrub, complete with natural bamboo powder and essential minerals to leave skin feeling irresistibly soft.
• Body Wrap Relaxing (50 minutes, $120) - Guests can enjoy this soothing body wrap treatment that offers a natural plant mud base to detoxify, revitalize, and relax skin.
• The Lifting Line Smoother ($120, 50 minutes) - This facial treatment delivers exceptional skin toning and ﬁrming beneﬁts to help diminish the visible appearance of lines.
For more information on Red Mountain Resort’s post-Thanksgiving offerings please visit www.redmountainresort.com or call (877)-246-4453.
Nestled in the high desert red rock bluffs of Southwestern Utah, Red Mountain Resort is a one-of-a-kind active destination retreat, inspiring guests to pursue health, balance and joy. With one of the country’s most breathtaking natural settings as its backdrop, the resort features a comprehensive selection of fitness programs, outdoor and hiking adventures, nutritious cuisine and personal discovery services. Highlights include the year-round outdoor recreation programs at nearby Zion National Park, unlimited on-property fitness classes, and seminars hosted by some of the leading minds in health and wellness. Red Mountain Resort also features the Sagestone Spa & Salon, named one of the top spas by Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor’s, Allure Magazine, Forbes.com and USA Today. The new St. George Municipal Airport, opened in January 2011, allows visitors an easy commute, while Las Vegas is a mere two hour drive from resort property. Red Mountain is located at 1275 E. Red Mountain Circle, St George, Utah 84738. For reservations call 435.673.4905, toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit RedMountainResort.com.
Media can also visit www.louhammond.com for latest press releases and images. Follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/LouHammondPR or visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/louhammondpr.
# # #
Red Mountain Resort