Red Mountain Resort Offers Tips for a New Year, New You
~ Award-Winning Wellness Team Offers Tips for a Healthy and Happy New Year~
St. George, UTAH, January xx, 2014 – With the New Year comes an opportunity for new adventures and for some, a fresh start. Now that the Christmas shopping is done, the presents are opened and the stress of the holidays is finally behind us, Red Mountain Resort in St. George, Utah is turning to its on-property team of dedicated health and wellness experts to offer travelers a variety of tips to ring in a new year stress-free new you.
Red Mountain Resort is one of the most recognized wellness retreats in the world, and what truly sets this destination apart is the on-property team of dedicated health and wellness experts. “We’re living in a world that is a fast-paced superhighway, increasing our external demands and creating a lot of stress,” says General Manager, Tracey Welsh. “We strive to give our guests an experience they can take with them and utilize long after their stay, whether it involves their physical, mental, emotional or spiritual well-being.”
The resort’s trusted experts, Health Services Manager, Dr. Brad Crump, D.C, Fitness Manager, Kim Watters, Life Coach and guest speaker, Cindy Clemens and Outdoor Recreation Director, John Ibach understand the challenges associated with adopting healthy habits and finding time to invest in yourself. With this in mind, they have teamed up to share five effective tips for achieving and maintaining those 2014 New Year’s resolutions.
- Set realistic and achievable goals – Commit to one or two realistic lifestyle changes at a time to avoid becoming overwhelmed. Red Mountain is able to offer guests help with prioritizing their goals through various personalized programs, including life coach sessions, metabolic and cholesterol profiles and nutrition and detoxification assessments. – Dr. Brad Crump, D.C., health services manager
- Make time for massages – A massage is no longer considered ‘pampering,’ but more so a wellness experience. Not only can massages reduce blood pressure, increase blood circulation, and boost the immune system, they can also help reconnect us with ourselves and provide a state of relaxation and release endorphins. Check out our variety of massage offerings at the Sagestone Spa & Salon. – Myrna Beardshear, director of spa and wellness
- Manage your time – Decide what your priorities are, including social, family, educational and all other related activities. Put them in order of priority and give yourself an “ample” time deadline for each thing. Don’t wait until the last minute unless absolutely necessary or it will be hard to not feel pressure and stress. – Cindy Clemens, life coach and guest speaker
- Take five – Take five minutes to induce the art of stillness into every day. Taking just a couple minutes during a hectic day will help elicit the relaxation response where you can breathe space into your mind and instill mental clarity to organize your thoughts. I always tell my guests to get comfortable, close your eyes and breathe. Kim Watters, fitness manager
- Check yourself – Before deciding to hop on the latest diet fad, or attempt to cut calories from your daily food intake, remember most people don’t really understand how many calories they need to maintain a healthy body weight. We recommend bi-yearly checkups with general physicians and dieticians, just to be safe. – Dr. Brad Crump, D.C., health services manager
The resort’s team of dedicated professionals is on property and available each day to provide new perspectives and life skills that guests can integrate into their daily lives once they leave Red Mountain. Many resort experts also partake in, and lead, group activities and classes throughout the week, allowing guests an up-close and personal experience during their stay.
Only a short jaunt away and easily accessible from Las Vegas McCarran and St. George airports, there’s no better way to start the New Year off right than by booking a stay at Red Mountain Resort. For more information on Red Mountain Resort, please visit www.redmountainresort.com or call 877.246.4453. Follow Red Mountain on Twitter @Redmtnresort, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/RedMountainResort.
About Red Mountain Resort:
Nestled in Southwestern Utah’s red rock bluffs, Red Mountain Resort is a one-of-a-kind active destination retreat, inspiring guests to pursue health, wellness, balance and joy. With one of the country’s most breathtaking natural settings as its backdrop, the resort features a comprehensive selection of fitness classes and programs, outdoor and hiking adventures, nutritious cuisine and personal discovery seminars. Red Mountain’s Sagestone Spa & Salon provides an array of unique spa services and has also been recognized as a top spa by Travel + Leisure (2012 World’s Best Destination Spa), Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor’s, Allure Magazine, Forbes.com and USA Today. Red Mountain Resort is conveniently located 30 minutes from St. George Municipal Airport and two hours from Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, allowing visitors an easy commute. For reservations and information, call toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit www.RedMountainResort.com.
# # #
MEDIA Kimberly Mannino Devyn Barker
CONTACTS: LOU HAMMOND & ASSOCIATES LOU HAMMOND & ASSOCIATES
Phone: 212.891.0208 Phone: 212.891.0207