Chile Spice Rubbed Pork Medallions with Lyonnaise Sweet Potatoes
16 oz. pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 16-1 oz. medallions
½ cup chile powder
¼ cup paprika
¼ cup smoked paprika
2 Tbsp. granulated garlic
2 Tbsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. ground coriander
2 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 Tbsp. oregano
2 Tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. fructose
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Generously coat pork medallions in spice rub and squirt with small amount of oil.
- Sear in sauté pan 2-3 minutes on each side (until desired doneness).
Roasted Garlic Aioli Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic, roasted until brown and soft
½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. white wine
Puree until smooth.
Lyonnaise Sweet Potatoes Ingredients:
1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and halved
½ cup red onions, peeled, ¼" French cut
Black pepper, freshly ground
- Steam sweet potatoes 10 minutes. (Do not over cook. Should still be firm.)
- Cool in ice bath.
- Slice into ¼" slices.
- Sauté onions in pure olive oil. When they start to brown, reduce heat and continue cooking covered until caramelized.
- Remove onions and cool.
- Heat cast iron skillet with pure olive oil to smoke point, add sweet potatoes and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add cooked onions.
- Add black pepper and salt to taste.
16 jumbo shrimp
1 cup roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small
2 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tsp. shallots, minced
4 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- Bring pure olive oil to smoke point
- Add shrimp. Sauté 2 minutes and turn.
- Add diced tomatoes. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add minced garlic and shallots. Sweat 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup seasoned white wine (recipe below). Reduce until thickened.
- Place millet polenta cake on plate (recipe below). Point side towards middle of plate.
- Arrange shrimp layered and tail up.
- Pour sauce on shrimp.
Seasoned White Wine Ingredients:
1 cup white wine
2 Tbsp. paprika
2 tsp. chile powder
2 tsp. chipotle with adobo, chopped
¾ tsp. salt
Place ingredients in blender and blend well.
Millet Polenta Cake Ingredients:
3 Tbsp. cooked millet (1 ½ Tbsp. millet in 3 Tbsp. boiling water)
3 Tbsp. yellow onion, diced
½ tsp. garlic, minced
2 oz. polenta cornmeal
6 oz. water
1 ½ Tbsp. smoked gouda, ¼" diced
- Pour boiling water on millet. Let set until cooled (pour off excess water).
- Bring water, onions, garlic and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Wisk in polenta (make sure it does not lump).
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add gouda. Mix until dissolved.
- Add cooked millet.
- Spread on silpat in ½" thick rectangle and cool.
- Cut rectangle in half.
- Cut squares diagonally into triangles (sauté or place on grill to lightly char).
Duck with Blueberries served with Almond Rice Pilaf
16 oz. duck breast, trimmed
Preheat oven to 425° degrees and roast duck until desired doneness.
Blueberry Topping Ingredients:
1 cup wild Maine blueberries
½ cup cranberry juice
1 tsp. jalapeños, diced small
2 tsp. shallots, minced
1 tsp. agave syrup
Combine all items, heat and place on top of cooked duck.
Almond Rice Pilaf Ingredients:
2 tsp. olive oil
1 cup brown basmati rice
2 Tbsp. yellow onions, diced small
2 Tbsp. celery, diced small
2 Tbsp. carrot, diced small
2 oz. almond slices, toasted
2 cups chicken stock
Salt to taste
- Bring oil to smoke point and add vegetables.
- Sauté until onion starts to turn clear.
- Add rice stock and salt.
- Bring to a boil reduce to simmer, cook until done.
- Stir in toasted almonds.
New Mexico Green Chile Pork Posole
1/3 large onions, diced
½ stalk celery, diced
2 ½ tsp. garlic, chopped
1 ¼ tsp. olive oil
½ lb. pork loin, lean, boneless
3 ½ oz. hominy
½ cup canned green chiles, diced
3 oz. tomatillos, whole
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. chile powder
Pinch black pepper
2 ¾ cup chicken stock, skimmed of all fat
2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sauté diced onions, celery, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add diced pork and continue cooking until meat has browned.
- Add hominy, green chilies, tomatillos, cumin, chile powder, salt, pepper and chicken stock and simmer 1 hour.
- Mix in the cilantro and serve.
Glazed Beef Tips with Forest Mushrooms and Shallots on Sweet Potato Hash
1 lb. beef shoulder tips
8 oz. shitake mushrooms, sliced ¼"
1 Tbsp. minced shallots
Glaze (recipe below)
Sweet potato hash (recipe below)
- Sauté beef tips.
- Add shitake mushrooms.
- Add shallots.
- Add glaze.
- Serve with sweet potato hash.
1 cup water
1 ½ tsp. Bragg's Liquid Aminos (to taste)
1 ½ tsp. corn starch
- Bring water and Bragg’s to a boil.
- Mix corn starch with ½ tsp. cold water and add to boiling stock.
Sweet Potato Hash Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes
Sweet Potato Hash Directions:
- Peel sweet potatos and dice ½".
- Spray with olive oil, toss and bake until just done.