Grilled Chicken Wrap
4 large flour tortillas
1 lb. grilled chicken breast
2 roma tomatoes
1 cup daikon sprouts
1 cup cucumber
1 cup shredded cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup salsa
- Place flour tortillas on flat surface.
- Add ¼ of each ingredient to each tortilla.
- Roll tortilla and cut in half.
2 vine ripened tomatoes
1 Tbsp. jalapeño peppers, minced
4 ½ Tbsp. red onion, diced small
1/8 bunch cilantro, rinsed and chopped
2 ¾ Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
2 ¾ Tbsp. garlic cloves, minced
¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 ½ Tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- Remove cores from tomatoes using a paring knife or tomato shark.
- Pre-heat open flame grill. Lightly coat tomatoes with olive oil.
- Place tomatoes on hot grill. Allow skin of tomatoes to blacken slightly. Turn using tongs to ensure even roasting.
- Remove tomatoes from heat and place in mixing bowl. Allow to rest and cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Peel most of the blackened skin from the tomatoes. (It improves both the taste and the look of the recipe to leave a little skin on.)
Char-grilled Margarita Chicken
4 chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
Margarita marinade (recipe below)
Tequila cilantro lime sauce (recipe below)
Goat cheese, crumbled
1. Mix marinade ingredients and let sit for 30 minutes. Marinate chicken for at least 1 hour.
2. Char-grill marinaded chicken breast.
3. Top with cilantro lime sauce.
4. Top with goat cheese crumbles.
Margarita Marinade Ingredients:
¼ cup lime juice
½ tsp. agave syrup
¼ tsp. minced garlic
1/8 tsp. salt
½ oz. tequila cilantro lime sauce (recipe below)
Tequila Cilantro Lime Sauce Ingredients:
¼ cup lime juice
¼ cup apple juice
1 Tbsp. cilantro
½ tsp. agave syrup
¼ tsp. guar gum
Braised Lamb Chops
1 Tbsp. pure olive oil
12 lamb rib chops
½ cup yellow onions, diced small
½ cup roma tomatoes, seeded, diced small
½ cup mild green chilies, diced small
½ cup nopalitos, diced small
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable stock
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
- Spritz medium sauté pan with pure olive oil (bring to smoke point).
- Lightly sprinkle lamb chops with salt and pepper, sear for two minutes, turn over and sear two minutes.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Add yellow onions, tomatoes, green chilies, nopalitos and garlic.
- Add vegetable stock.
- Place in 350° degree preheated oven 15-20 minutes until sauce reduces by half.
- Place lamb chops on plates.
- Pour vegetables and sauce on lamb chops.
Spicy Albacore Tuna
4 albacore (or ahi) tuna steaks, 4 oz. each
Cajun spice (recipe below)
Peach pico de gallo (recipe below)
- Spritz large sauté pan with pure olive oil (bring to smoke point).
- Lightly sprinkle tuna steaks with Cajun spice on both sides.
- Sear for two minutes, turn over and sear two minutes (do not cook past medium).
- Combine all pico de gallo ingredients.
- Place tuna on plates and top with pico de gallo.
Cajun Spice Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
2 Tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
Peach Pico de Gallo Ingredients:
½ cup frozen peaches, thawed, ½" diced
¼ cup red onions, ½" diced
¼ cup green bell peppers, ½" diced
2 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
1 Tbsp. jalapeños, minced
¼ cup pineapple juice
Chile Spice Rubbed Pork Medallions with Lyonnaise Sweet Potatoes
16 oz. pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 16-1 oz. medallions
½ cup chile powder
¼ cup paprika
¼ cup smoked paprika
2 Tbsp. granulated garlic
2 Tbsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. ground coriander
2 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 Tbsp. oregano
2 Tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. fructose
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Generously coat pork medallions in spice rub and squirt with small amount of oil.
- Sear in sauté pan 2-3 minutes on each side (until desired doneness).
Roasted Garlic Aioli Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic, roasted until brown and soft
½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. white wine
Puree until smooth.
Lyonnaise Sweet Potatoes Ingredients:
1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and halved
½ cup red onions, peeled, ¼" French cut
Black pepper, freshly ground
- Steam sweet potatoes 10 minutes. (Do not over cook. Should still be firm.)
- Cool in ice bath.
- Slice into ¼" slices.
- Sauté onions in pure olive oil. When they start to brown, reduce heat and continue cooking covered until caramelized.
- Remove onions and cool.
- Heat cast iron skillet with pure olive oil to smoke point, add sweet potatoes and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add cooked onions.
- Add black pepper and salt to taste.
16 jumbo shrimp
1 cup roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small
2 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tsp. shallots, minced
4 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- Bring pure olive oil to smoke point
- Add shrimp. Sauté 2 minutes and turn.
- Add diced tomatoes. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add minced garlic and shallots. Sweat 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup seasoned white wine (recipe below). Reduce until thickened.
- Place millet polenta cake on plate (recipe below). Point side towards middle of plate.
- Arrange shrimp layered and tail up.
- Pour sauce on shrimp.
Seasoned White Wine Ingredients:
1 cup white wine
2 Tbsp. paprika
2 tsp. chile powder
2 tsp. chipotle with adobo, chopped
¾ tsp. salt
Place ingredients in blender and blend well.
Millet Polenta Cake Ingredients:
3 Tbsp. cooked millet (1 ½ Tbsp. millet in 3 Tbsp. boiling water)
3 Tbsp. yellow onion, diced
½ tsp. garlic, minced
2 oz. polenta cornmeal
6 oz. water
1 ½ Tbsp. smoked gouda, ¼" diced
- Pour boiling water on millet. Let set until cooled (pour off excess water).
- Bring water, onions, garlic and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Wisk in polenta (make sure it does not lump).
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add gouda. Mix until dissolved.
- Add cooked millet.
- Spread on silpat in ½" thick rectangle and cool.
- Cut rectangle in half.
- Cut squares diagonally into triangles (sauté or place on grill to lightly char).