Duck with Blueberries served with Almond Rice Pilaf
16 oz. duck breast, trimmed
Preheat oven to 425° degrees and roast duck until desired doneness.
Blueberry Topping Ingredients:
1 cup wild Maine blueberries
½ cup cranberry juice
1 tsp. jalapeños, diced small
2 tsp. shallots, minced
1 tsp. agave syrup
Combine all items, heat and place on top of cooked duck.
Almond Rice Pilaf Ingredients:
2 tsp. olive oil
1 cup brown basmati rice
2 Tbsp. yellow onions, diced small
2 Tbsp. celery, diced small
2 Tbsp. carrot, diced small
2 oz. almond slices, toasted
2 cups chicken stock
Salt to taste
- Bring oil to smoke point and add vegetables.
- Sauté until onion starts to turn clear.
- Add rice stock and salt.
- Bring to a boil reduce to simmer, cook until done.
- Stir in toasted almonds.
New Mexico Green Chile Pork Posole
1/3 large onions, diced
½ stalk celery, diced
2 ½ tsp. garlic, chopped
1 ¼ tsp. olive oil
½ lb. pork loin, lean, boneless
3 ½ oz. hominy
½ cup canned green chiles, diced
3 oz. tomatillos, whole
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. chile powder
Pinch black pepper
2 ¾ cup chicken stock, skimmed of all fat
2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sauté diced onions, celery, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add diced pork and continue cooking until meat has browned.
- Add hominy, green chilies, tomatillos, cumin, chile powder, salt, pepper and chicken stock and simmer 1 hour.
- Mix in the cilantro and serve.
Glazed Beef Tips with Forest Mushrooms and Shallots on Sweet Potato Hash
1 lb. beef shoulder tips
8 oz. shitake mushrooms, sliced ¼"
1 Tbsp. minced shallots
Glaze (recipe below)
Sweet potato hash (recipe below)
- Sauté beef tips.
- Add shitake mushrooms.
- Add shallots.
- Add glaze.
- Serve with sweet potato hash.
1 cup water
1 ½ tsp. Bragg's Liquid Aminos (to taste)
1 ½ tsp. corn starch
- Bring water and Bragg’s to a boil.
- Mix corn starch with ½ tsp. cold water and add to boiling stock.
Sweet Potato Hash Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes
Sweet Potato Hash Directions:
- Peel sweet potatos and dice ½".
- Spray with olive oil, toss and bake until just done.