Warm Ginger Apple Cider
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1/8 tsp. ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
1. Mix ground spices with 1 tbsn. Apple cider until well combined. Add into a small sauce pot with the rest of the apple cider.
2. Finely grate fresh ginger with a cheese grater. Gather up grated ginger and squeeze 1 tbsn. Ginger juice into the pan.
3. Heat until hot.
4. Pour through a fine mesh sieve or tea strainer into tea cup. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Nutrition facts: 120 Calories, 29 Carbs, 1 Protein, 1 Fat, 1 Fiber
Cucumber Rosemary Cool Down
- 20 leaves or ½ teaspoon of fresh rosemary leaves per drink
- 2 cucumber slices, about ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 cup vodka flavored distilled white wine spirits or vodka
- ¼ cup tonic water
In a cocktail shaker, muddle together rosemary leaves, cucumber and simple syrup or agave syrup, add ice and vodka, then shake to mix. Strain into double old fashioned glasses filled with ice. Top with tonic water and garnish with a rosemary sprig and cucumber slice.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs 201/30g
Servings: 2 / Yield: 12 ounces
Curried Chicken Salad
- 1 lbs chicken breast, cooked, diced, skinless, boneless
- ¼ cup celery chopped
- 3 tbs. red onion, medium diced
- 2½ tsp. toasted coconut
- 3½ tbs. cashews unsalted raw chopped
- ½ cup red grapes, halved
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1½ tsp. yellow curry powder
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, coconut & cashews
In a separate mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well and allow to sit for at least an hour.
Stir dressing into chicken mixture and stir well.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 98/4g/9g/5g/0g
Veyo Mint Lemonade & Prickly Pear Strawberry Lemonade
Veyo Mint Lemonade
- 1 ¼ quarts Red Mountain Lemonade
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 2 Tbs mint leaves, packed
In a large blender cups, add mint leaves, then ice, then lemonade. Cover blender tightly, and starting on low speed, gradually increasing to full speed, blend to a slushy consistency. Pour into tall glasses, garnish with a fresh mint leaf, a lemon slice and a straw
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 212.15/55.76g/0.32g/0.21g/0.33g
Servings: 3 / Yield: 1 ¼ quart
Prickly Pear Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 ¼ quarts red mountain lemonade
- 1 cup prickly pear syrup
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
Combine lemonade, frozen strawberries, prickly pear syrup and ice in a large blender. Cover top of blender tightly and puree, starting on lowest speed and gradually increasing to highest speed, until everything is well pureed. Pour into tall glasses, garnish with lemon and strawberry slices and a straw
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 428.37/108.36g/0.44g/0.56g/1.13g
Servings: 4 / Yield: 1 ½ quarts
Chia Seed Protein Blast
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 tsp. Chia seeds
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup whey protein powder
- 2 bananas, peeled
Scoop yogurt into the blender first for easier pureeing. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth; scrape sides of the blender to make sure all powder is incorporated into the recipe.
Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 443/57g/32g/11g/13g