Veyo Mint Lemonade & Prickly Pear Strawberry Lemonade
Veyo Mint Lemonade
- 1 ¼ quarts Red Mountain Lemonade
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 2 Tbs mint leaves, packed
In a large blender cups, add mint leaves, then ice, then lemonade. Cover blender tightly, and starting on low speed, gradually increasing to full speed, blend to a slushy consistency. Pour into tall glasses, garnish with a fresh mint leaf, a lemon slice and a straw
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 212.15/55.76g/0.32g/0.21g/0.33g
Servings: 3 / Yield: 1 ¼ quart
Prickly Pear Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 ¼ quarts red mountain lemonade
- 1 cup prickly pear syrup
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
Combine lemonade, frozen strawberries, prickly pear syrup and ice in a large blender. Cover top of blender tightly and puree, starting on lowest speed and gradually increasing to highest speed, until everything is well pureed. Pour into tall glasses, garnish with lemon and strawberry slices and a straw
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 428.37/108.36g/0.44g/0.56g/1.13g
Servings: 4 / Yield: 1 ½ quarts
Chia Seed Protein Blast
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 tsp. Chia seeds
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup whey protein powder
- 2 bananas, peeled
Scoop yogurt into the blender first for easier pureeing. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth; scrape sides of the blender to make sure all powder is incorporated into the recipe.
Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 443/57g/32g/11g/13g
- 2 cups Cooked Garbanzo Beans
- 4 Garlic Segments
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
Place garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor.
Puree till smooth, (add a little water, if necessary, till reaching the consistency of peanut butter).
Mix and chill till ready to serve.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 230.61/23.88g/3.59g/14.71g/2.26g
Yield: about 16 oz / Servings: 8 / Serving Size: 2 oz
Tuna Salad Niçoise
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3 roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup shallots, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. fresh herbs chopped (basil, oregano, parsley, etc.)
- juice of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 quail eggs
- 6 slices of feta cheese, sliced thin
- ¾ pounds of ahi tuna
- In a large bowl combine the mixed greens, two of the roasted peppers, anchovies, artichokes, and olives. Toss together.
- In a small sauté pan add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Heat the garlic and turn off the heat.
- Add the tomato slices and let sit 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess oil.
- In a blender combine the other 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and the rest of the roasted pepper.
- Blend till smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a non-stick pan with pan coating.
- Crack the quail eggs and be careful not to break the yolk.
- Cook sunny side up.
- Add the herbs and lemon juice to the salad mix. Keep warm.
- Slice the ahi tuna in 12 thin slices.
- To Plate: Place a slice of feta on the bottom of 6 plates. Place some salad mix on the feta. Then place a slice of ahi on top of the salad. Repeat so you have 2 layers. Place a crouton on top with the quail egg as a garnish. Spoon some of the roasted red bell pepper oil around the plate.
- 8 oz. chicken breast, cooked
- 2 Cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 4 garlic segments
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ Cup water
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro, minced
- ¼ Cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ Cup pine nuts, lightly roasted
- Pinch salt
- Place garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor.
- Puree till smooth (add a little water, if necessary, till reaching the consistency of peanut butter).
- Add pine nuts, cilantro and diced chicken. Mix and chill till ready to serve.
Tip: Serve very cold for optimum flavor.
Recipe Nutrient Analysis, Single Serving: Calories: 89, Net Carbs: 8g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 4g, Fiber: 2g